Are you searching for residential dementia care
homes in Stoke on Trent? Lovett Care has two care homes which offer care for the elderly and those with dementia. Hilton House
is based in Penkhull which is perfect for residents in the central and southern regions of the city.
What to Consider at Residential Dementia Care Homes
Choosing between residential care homes is a big and important decision for any potential resident and their family. There are many things to consider and many factors will be influenced by the circumstances of the resident and their family, here are just a few points:
- Location - Is it in a good location for relatives and friends to get to? If you don’t have a car, check the public transport routes to ensure you can visit easily or if you needed to get there in an emergency. Should a resident wish to go on a visit outside of the care home, what is there nearby?
- Facilities - Is the care home clean and well maintained? A pleasantly decorated and furnished home which is clean and tidy is the basis of a positive place to live. The layout should encourage interaction and as much independence as possible. Can rooms and toilets be accessed easily by wheelchairs or walking frame users?
- Safety and Security - Keeping all residents safe in a secure environment, especially if they can become confused and disorientated, is essential. The care home should have measures in place for everyone’s safety including call systems and ways of reducing fall risks.
- Meals - Food is an important part of life in residential dementia care homes. Is there a choice of meals on the menu and are individuals likes and dislikes taken into consideration?
- Activities - Providing a programme of activities which is varied, fun and offers the right level of stimulation for residents fosters a sense of community. Keeping active has individual physical benefits, but also helps to prevent isolation and loneliness.
Ask Us About Our Care Homes
If you are going through the process of finding a suitable place for a loved one to move to, Lovett Care has two residential dementia care homes in Stoke on Trent in Goldendale House and Hilton House. To find out more about life in our care homes, please contact us
with your questions.