What is Nursing Care?
Here at Lovett Care, we provide nursing care for residents amongst an array of other services. Across our care homes, our team specialise in offering the best nursing care, which is adapted to those who need it. However before you get started, it’s important to understand exactly what nursing care is and who it’s best suited to. That’s why in our latest blog, we’ll be answering all of your questions.
What Does Nursing Care Offer?
Nursing care is there for people who may need more complex care as a result of an injury or illness. It could also be suitable for someone who has been diagnosed with a long-term condition and requires a close level of monitoring. Often, in order to receive the right level of assessment and supervision, the individual must receive this care from a care home. That way, the right level of care planning and monitoring can be carried out by registered nurses.
Here at Lovett Care, our nursing team is focused on delivering the highest quality specialised care to our residents. Making themselves available 24 hours a day, they work alongside our care team to deliver person-centred care. This means that each resident is assessed and worked with to construct an individual care plan to ensure that they stay safe and well whilst their dignity is preserved. As and when our residents need something changing, close monitoring allows the plan to be adapted quickly.
What is the Difference Between Nursing Care and Residential Care?
You may be stuck wondering whether nursing care or residential care is right for your family member. To give a brief explanation, there are a couple of key differences.
- Registered nurses available 24/7 -The most noticeable difference between nursing care and residential care is that for the former, registered nurses are available 24/7. In residential care, residents have access to our care professionals at all hours of the day. However, they may not need specific medical care from our nursing team.
- Need for Medical Care – If the resident has any serious mental or physical impairments that require medical attention, they will have to be given nursing care. Care professionals are trained to care for residents, but cannot deliver serious medical care for those in need. By choosing nursing care, those living with a level of frailty, mental or physical impairments can recieve the right attention from a qualified nurse.
Why Choose Lovett Care For Nursing Care?
The big thing that sets our services apart is the highly individual personalised approach that our team takes to our residents. Our personalised nursing care plans take into account the individual needs, wishes and beliefs of the individual. That way, our team can deliver a high level of care that’s based on their unique personality, preferences and profile. It also allows our team to work in a way that ensures the dignity of our residents is promoted at all times.
When you choose Lovett Care as your nursing care provider, residents and families can expect:
- Access to 24-hour nursing care from registered nurses
- Clean, comfortable, welcoming accommodation
- Regular assessments by a qualified nurse
- Medication management
- Physical assistance and support
- Delicious, nutritious meals
You can guarantee that you will be involved in every step of the way with Lovett Care. When building our care plans, we will consult with you to understand how to deliver care that meets and exceeds your expectations.
Contact Us for a Consultation
If you have any questions about any of our services or care homes, please get in touch. A member of our team across any of our care homes will be happy to give you and your loved one a tour and discuss personalised care plans and activity programmes in more detail with you. More information on our nursing homes; Regency Care Centre and Charlotte House is available online. Alternatively, for our other services, you can take a look at our other homes; Hilton House, Twyford House.
At Lovett Care, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality person-centred care services with dignity and respect at the core of everything we do. By working with you, our care professionals and our registered nurses, we can devise a safe, effective plan that is responsive to your needs.